[mythtv-users] No subtitle support in Mythvideo on 0.24

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:39:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 22 March 2011 09:02, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there no support for subtitles in the mythvideo plugin?  I have
> > several movies/TV shows that have subtitles embedded into the file and
> > they work in other media players but in MythTV I can't find a way to
> > turn the subtitles on.
>
> Adam,
>
> The easiest way to check what is available/supported is to bring up
> the OSD menu during playback and see what (if anything) is listed
> under Subtitles.
>
> If there is nothing listed and you're expecting 'something', please
> post the output of mythfrontend -v playback for one of those files -
> which will indicate at least what type of captioning it is.
>
> regards
>
> Mark

When playing one of the videos that I know to have subtitles in it I see no
"Subtitle" option listed under the OSD menu.  I opened up a video and played
a couple of seconds with, long enough till I got to a point where I knew
that the subtitles should display.  The output is very verbose so I put in
on pastebin -> http://pastebin.com/xMK5bUhL (sorry to the people who
dislike/hate pastebin for political or religious reasons), but if I open the
same video in VLC the subtitles are displayed.