[mythtv-users] Request for help: Myth on-demand streaming to android device

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:17:52 UTC 2011

A little more progress...

I've got VLC Stream & Convert working but it crashes on my LG Optimus
T when I try to browse for files. I also found out that you can create
a xspl playlist[4] with just a directory and VLC (on the server side)
will recursively add all the files to the playlist but that playlist
is not available in VLC S&C.

I also found another android app, VLC Remote which I was hoping to use
in combination with VLC S&C to be able to use to tell VLC which file
in the playlist to play but it can't connect to the VLC server while
VLC S&C is connected.

As a side note, HD programs looked pretty good on my phone when
converted, even at 512kbps, but some sub SD resolution videos looked
terrible.

Richard

[4] http://tangskingdom.blogspot.com/2010/01/vlc-assigning-default-directory.html