[mythtv-users] Request for help: Myth on-demand streaming to android device

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:46:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> After searching for a few hours I haven't found any good solutions. I
> have an idea that may or may not be a good one so I figured I'd put it
> on the list and see what shook out.

Depending on the device, using the built-in MythTV UPnP server works just
fine as long as the file is in a format that your flavor of android likes
and is obviously LAN connected.  Transcoding jobs could be used to ensure a
compatible format.  You didn't say whether this was Internet streaming or
LAN only.  I've found that UPnP or even SMB works fine for LAN connected
Android devices using the built-in video player.  Internet connectivity is a
whole different set of challenges.

Kevin