[mythtv-users] Tuner Schedules

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Mar 17 17:17:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:54:20AM -0400, Spencer Herzberg wrote:
> > There is currently no support for doing anything like this.  You could
> > try Simon's idea of selectively removing guide data for the times you
> > don't want MythTV to record.  You could also use Custom Priorities
> > (http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#Custom Priority) to
> > discourage MythTV from recording at certain times, but that's not
> > guaranteed.  Finally, I do have a planned feature that could be used
> > to do what you want, but there's no telling when or if it will get
> > added.
>
> Well until your feature is added, I think I will end up removing guide data.
> What do you think is best, changing the data as it comes in from Schedules
> Direct, or just removing the schedule data directly from the database?

It's really up to you and whichever you think is easier --
intercepting wget and editing the xml or removing entries from the
data base after the fact.

> When the tv schedule grabber from Mythtv runs, does it clear out all of the
> old data or append to it? How often is this run?

It clears the old data, if any, before adding the new data.  By
default, it's run about once a day in the time window requested by
Schedules Direct/TMS during the previous run.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net