[mythtv-users] Tuner Schedules

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Mar 17 15:16:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:50:44PM -0400, Spencer Herzberg wrote:
> Hi, is there a way to easily setup schedules for tuners? So that say Tuner A
> can't record anything from 5pm to 1am, and Tuner B from 10am to 12pm?
>
> My setup has my master backend in the bedroom and the hd receiver is hooked
> up to my tv through my hdpvr. We watch tv at night and the Miss doesn't like
> to use the Mythtv frontend for live tv (yet). If I could just schedule that
> tuner to not be available between 5pm and 1am, that would be a perfect fix
> until I can get her to use the mythtv frontend.
>
> I have tried cron jobs with mythbackend --nosched but it seems that this
> will need to rebuild the recording schedules at the time the command is
> called which is not quite ideal. I want the tuner to not be available during
> certain time slots and this to be reflected in the "Upcoming Recordings"
> displays.

There is currently no support for doing anything like this.  You could
try Simon's idea of selectively removing guide data for the times you
don't want MythTV to record.  You could also use Custom Priorities
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#Custom Priority) to
discourage MythTV from recording at certain times, but that's not
guaranteed.  Finally, I do have a planned feature that could be used
to do what you want, but there's no telling when or if it will get
added.

David
--
David Engel