[mythtv-users] Any advantage going to 64 bit?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:29:15 UTC 2011

Thanks for all the feedback.  It looks like migrating to 64 bit, while
feasible, would be a major PITA (hope I got that acronym right) and I
would not see any advantage, and potentially disadvantages with things
such as flash.  If I rebuild this system (hopefully I don't have to)
or build a new system, I will do it as a 64 bit system, but there is
no good reason for me to just "upgrade" the kernel to a 64 bit one and
hope I can upgrade everything else painlessly.