[mythtv-users] HDPVR Samples?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:44:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 8:37 AM,  <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:

> Well, based on the "minimum system requirements" on the Hauppauge website,
> I pulled the trigger and ordered a couple of HDPVRs.  Worst case scenario,
> I have to buy a Crystal decoder for the frontend too I guess.
>
> I wasn't able to find any samples that were still available in that AVS
> forum thread - for future mailing list archaeologists.

Having used HD-PVR content on the Dell Studio Hybrid, Raymond's advice
is correct-- you will likely need to use a low bitrate and simple
deinterlacers (or forgo deinterlacing altogether) for playback to
function acceptably.  This may improve once the recently-merged ffmpeg
multithread framework is extended to cover H.264, but that would be in
.26 at the earliest.

Robert