[mythtv-users] UPnP Clients: MediaMVP HD or "New" AppleTV

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 9 01:07:14 UTC 2011

Devin:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Lawrence Houston
> <mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:
>>
>> Currently using a PS3 as our "Primary" UPnP Client in the Living Room,
>> which is working fine...  Although now I am looking for something
>> Smaller/Cheaper for the Bedroom???  Both Hauppauge's MediaMVP HD and the
>> "New" AppleTV sound good, although within MythTV's Wiki Pages I have been
>> unable to determine whether either will work as UPnP Clients out of the
>> Box (MythTV Backend is running 0.24+Fixes has Two Hauppauge HVR-1600
>> Tuners on "Standard" Cable TV, ie. NO HD)...  Can anyone confirm if either
>> of these UPnP Client would work???
>
> I fixed the uPNP support in the MediaMVP-HD so it now works properly
> with MythTV, starting in firmware release 1.1.22.

After performing the required Double Flash with Release 1.1.22 the
MediaMVP-HD now sees the Recordings on my MythTV Backend...

Problem: After 10 Seconds of Playback the Audio starts breaking up with
          the Video slowing and then stopping shortly after that!!!

The MediaMVP-HD is connected to a Small Sony TV via the HDMI Cable which
was included with Hauppauge's Unit...  Tried all possible HDMI Resolutions
to see if any might "Lighten" the load so that Video Playback would last
more than 10 Seconds, although none of the combinations I tried made any
difference...

          What should I try next???

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)