[mythtv-users] Can't get remote frontend to connect

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 17:29:43 UTC 2011

On 03/05/2011 06:41 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

>     getnameinfo failed
>
>     tcp    0    0    *:mysql    *:*    LISTEN
>     unix 2    [ ACC ]    STREAM    LISTENING    5631
>     /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>
>     Running iptables -L returns nothing.  Just goes back to the
>     prompt.  I'm pretty sure that I have the software firewall on the
>     backend turned off.
>
>     Any ideas?
>     Harry

> OK, when I run netstat -l |grep mysql, I get:
>
> The other thing to check is that mythbackend is running on the LAN IP
> and not localhost in Mythtv Setup
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

I just checked mythtv-setup.  192.168.1.200 for both the local backend
and the master backend.  I also checked my laptop and didn't see
anything concerning the linux firewall on there either.  I'm assuming
its a mysql issue, but I can't figure out what it is.  I'm just starting
to learn more mysql, so hopefully there's a good mysql person out there
who may have an idea.

Thanks!
Harry