[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 3 15:48:34 UTC 2011

On 03/02/2011 11:45 PM, Daniel Born wrote:
> On 03/02/2011 15:51:56 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> I.e. the theme looks identical everywhere from a
>> relative-sizing-of-elements perspective (unless you don't have the font
>> the theme uses installed and the theme doesn't provide a copy of that
>> font--but that's a misconfiguration, not a theme issue).
> Hmmm... Any chance this might be the issue at hand here?

Logs will tell you if you're missing a font.

MythCenter uses Arial and Thorndale, both of which requires you to
install the MS core web fonts on your system--since Arial is not a
freely redistributable font, we can't distribute it with the theme.

MythCenter-wide uses Droid Sans and Liberation Sans, and they are not
distributed with the theme.

Terra uses Liberation Sans, and it's not distributed with the theme.

Arclight uses CartoGothic Std and League Gothic, but both are
distributed with the theme, under the terms described in Arclight/LICENSE.

Not sure about other themes--but check your logs.  They will be, er,
rather clear about missing fonts.

In the event that you're missing a font, your system will choose a
"similar" font to replace the missing font.  This "similar" font may be
similar in design, but is almost always very different in metrics--and,
therefore, causes things to look wrong.

Mike