[mythtv-users] I thought I'd try VDPAU

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Wed Mar 2 20:50:34 UTC 2011

So, I am running Ubuntu 9.10 on my Mythbox, with a 00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C73 [GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i] (rev a2), powered by Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6300  @ 2.80GHz

A couple of weeks back. I figured I would build against VDPAU, mostly because I wanted to try it. But I get the "Upgrade to libvdpau =>0.2". I have looked about in the Wiki, and tried my skills at googling. But I cannot figure out how to go about doing that upgrade.

As for video packages, I have

j2 at MythBox:~$ dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia
ii  nvidia-173-modaliases                173.14.20-0ubuntu5                         Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-185-kernel-source             185.18.36-0ubuntu9                         NVIDIA binary kernel module source
ii  nvidia-185-libvdpau                  185.18.36-0ubuntu9                         Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
ii  nvidia-185-libvdpau-dev              185.18.36-0ubuntu9                         Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix d
ii  nvidia-185-modaliases                185.18.36-0ubuntu9                         Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-96-modaliases                 96.43.13-0ubuntu6                          Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-common                        0.2.15.1                                   Find obsolete NVIDIA drivers
ii  nvidia-glx-185                       185.18.36-0ubuntu9                         NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
ii  nvidia-settings                      180.25-0ubuntu1                            Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driv
j2 at MythBox:~$

I do realize that this is more an Ubuntu issue then a MythTV one, but I figured that there should be enough knowledge about the issue here, so I will be thankful for any pointers.