[mythtv-users] Getting started

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:30:39 UTC 2011

On 2 March 2011 16:17, Alexander Ellis <saveourtivo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have found my problem or at least one of them.
> When I set up the capture card in mythtv the lnb setting goes back to
> unconnected as soon as I go back to the main menu. How can I fix that.

Do you see this even after you've configured the LNB, created a video
source and connected the DVB input to it on the Input Connections
page? I'm away from my DVB-S setup at the moment, but I believe it is
only once the capture input is bound to a video source that the LNB
becomes connected and you can successfully scan for channels or record
successfully. I can double check whether this has changed post 0.24
later tonight or tomorrow once I get access to the DVB-S machine and
have some time.

The LNB configuration process produces more issues for new users than
it should (in my experience). Historically, UI selection problems in
the interface have caught out plenty of users - i.e. you may need to
manually highlight the single entry in the list before it becomes
active and you can update its settings (even though it may appear to
be selected). The fact that the status of a "configured" LNB seems to
revert back to "Unconnected" with no explanation of what further steps
are necessary to complete the configuration is also something that
should (IMO) be addressed in a future release -  the setup rewrite
will hopefully simplify these steps.

Cheers,
Nick

--