[mythtv-users] Hyper Threading on Atom CPU

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:05:38 UTC 2011

Hello list, I am trying to performance my HTPC to get FE/BE on a
Debian Squeeze machine. I have a Intel Atom 330 CPU on a Zotac ION
board, on some post I read that is a good choice to disable hyper
threading. I enter to BIOS and disable it, I am still getting some
VDPAU problems, so I don't know if is getting better performance.

I attached /proc/cpuinfo before and later to disable it and a photo of
the BIOS menu: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/bios.jpg

Is really a good idea to disable the Hyper Threading?

Thanks for all your help and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano