[mythtv-users] Cover art in recordings

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 02:17:15 UTC 2011

I will preface this by saying that I know what I'm doing isn't
supported or advised, but I have a script that goes through my video
files and adds them to the recorded table so I have a single
consolidated view of all of my media. What I've found is that for any
video that I has downloaded metadata (cover art, etc), that cover art
is displayed in the recordings screen (I use Mythbuntu theme, if it
matters), but I have not found a way of getting that cover art to
display for recordings (ie, those not in mythvideo). I can get the
cover art for the recordings that aren't in Mythvideo, but I can't
figure out how to associate it to the recording, or more ideally just
the show.

I have tried using mythlink to link the recordings into the mythvideo
directory, and then updating the metadata there, but it doesn't appear
to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tom