[mythtv-users] Different grabber for one channel

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Sun Jun 26 20:04:56 UTC 2011

On 06/26/2011 08:28 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 26 June 2011 16:46, Ramon Hofer<ramonhofer at bluewin.ch>  wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have an analogue dual-tuner card and receive 30 analogue channels.
>> 29 of them are in the European EPG grabber (tv_grab_eu_epgdata).
>> But the channel "Schweizer Sport Fernsehen (SSF)" isn't included there
>> and I have to use another grabber (tv_grab_ch_search) for it.
>>
>> I could assign the channels from one grabber to the first tuner and the
>> channel SSF to the second tuner.
>> But I don't want to do this because it limits the scheduling alot.
>>
>> Is there a workaround for this problem?
> i) configure the SSF channel in the MythTV database with the correct
> XMLTV ID from the _ch_search grabber
> ii) configure the _ch_search for the SSF channel
> iii) run the _ch_search grabber to create listings for the SSF channel
> and use mythfilldatabase to import the listings for that single
> channel into the MythTV database.
>
> If you are running both grabbers manually (you do not say how you are
> running the _eu_epgdata grabber) you can combine the data from both
> grabbers into a single XMLTV file before importing the listings with
> mythfilldatabase.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thank for your reply Nick.

I configured the channels in mythtv-setup (SSF with ch_search and the
others with eu_epgdata).
Mythtv-backend runs mythfilldatabase for both grabbers and it finds data
for both grabbers.
But I can't tune to SSF in LiveTV and mythtv-backend doesn't record
anything from SSF.
The program data is listed correctly in mythweb Listings.

I think I did all the steps you explained?

Cheers
Ramon