[mythtv-users] Different grabber for one channel

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 18:28:57 UTC 2011

On 26 June 2011 16:46, Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have an analogue dual-tuner card and receive 30 analogue channels.
> 29 of them are in the European EPG grabber (tv_grab_eu_epgdata).
> But the channel "Schweizer Sport Fernsehen (SSF)" isn't included there
> and I have to use another grabber (tv_grab_ch_search) for it.
>
> I could assign the channels from one grabber to the first tuner and the
> channel SSF to the second tuner.
> But I don't want to do this because it limits the scheduling alot.
>
> Is there a workaround for this problem?

i) configure the SSF channel in the MythTV database with the correct
XMLTV ID from the _ch_search grabber
ii) configure the _ch_search for the SSF channel
iii) run the _ch_search grabber to create listings for the SSF channel
and use mythfilldatabase to import the listings for that single
channel into the MythTV database.

If you are running both grabbers manually (you do not say how you are
running the _eu_epgdata grabber) you can combine the data from both
grabbers into a single XMLTV file before importing the listings with
mythfilldatabase.

Cheers,
Nick

--