[mythtv-users] mythvideo sort order

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Mon Jun 20 15:36:24 UTC 2011

> > Hi Robert,
> > Sorry but I have to disagree... When you select "Sort by Date" one would
> > expect that you sort by date.
>
> And again, this isn't sort by anything, it's browse by.  Which it
> does.  It arranges the metadata by date in the format you have
> specified.  If you specify a date format where the date comes first,
> then you will get a metadata tree listed in the order of date.
>
> But more importantly, you've ignored my explanation of how to do
> exactly what you want, which is to use the *actual* sort by functions
> in the filter dialog.

Hi Robert,

Perhaps my brain does not work the same as other peoples then....

Yes you are right "Browse by date added" allows you to browse by date added,
but honestly, why would anyone want to use this feature? Browse by date
added should not sort by an alphabetical date it should sort by the date.
The way it currently lists the video contents just makes no sense whatsoever
in my way of thinking.

I have just checked one more time and I do not have a "sort by date"
function in the filter dialog. I can sort by title, year, and a number of
other methods under the "Sort:" option in the filter screen (leaving
everything else as "All") but I can not select "Date Added" as it is not
available to me.

Cheers

Phil