[mythtv-users] mythvideo sort order

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 14:41:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Phil Wild <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Phil Wild <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> > Can anyone confirm this same behavior?
>>
>> People need to stop using the word "broken" as a synonym for "not as I
>> expected."  ;)
>>
>> You're using the Date Added *Browse Mode*, which builds a metadata
>> tree based on Date Added, and uses your frontend setting for date
>> format to arrange the nodes.  So, you have a frontend date setting
>> that puts the Day of Week first, and thus it's built by that.  The
>> above discussion is about the Sort By: Date Added option in the
>> "Filter Display" screen, which sorts them by date, but preserves the
>> metadata browse mode you have chosen (Most people Prefer "Folder" or
>> "TV/Movie").
>>

> Hi Robert,
> Sorry but I have to disagree... When you select "Sort by Date" one would
> expect that you sort by date.

And again, this isn't sort by anything, it's browse by.  Which it
does.  It arranges the metadata by date in the format you have
specified.  If you specify a date format where the date comes first,
then you will get a metadata tree listed in the order of date.

But more importantly, you've ignored my explanation of how to do
exactly what you want, which is to use the *actual* sort by functions
in the filter dialog.

Robert