[mythtv-users] Random missed recordings

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:03:04 UTC 2011

Thanks to those who replied!

I did go back through and redetect my tuners and unchecked the IP
address checkbox and it went back to detecting by HDHR address.

One thing I noticed is that even though I deleted all of my tuners
before setting them up again the tuner assignments defaulted to:

1: 1,3
2: 5,6

Which was strange. I went through phpMyAdmin and fixed that before
continuing and that seemed to help.

Anyway, I think the problem now is that my HDHR is slowly dying. I
used hdhomerun_config_gui to take Myth out of the equation and was
getting well over 80% signal strength but very erratic signal quality
and 0% symbol quality. Unplugging it for a few minutes seemed to help
but I still had problems tuning some channels.

I think I'm going to turn in a ticket with SiliconDust but I may just
go ahead and get a HDHR3.

Thanks,
Richard