[mythtv-users] Lirc & Harmony 525 Key repeat problem

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Tue Jun 14 10:00:32 UTC 2011

Hi,
> I've just upgraded to 2.6.39 vanilla, and lircd 0.9.0 using the in kernel drivers for my MCE usb remote and I'm getting exactly the same issue. The arrow keys in myth and XBMC double press.

I had a similar problem using a remote with devinput driver; turns out there are several remotes defined in the lirc configuration file for devinput:

/usr/share/lirc/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput

grep -A1 "begin remote" /usr/share/lirc/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput
begin remote
        name            devinput
--
begin remote
        name            devinput

This definition of multiple remotes (with the same name) resulted in multiple keypresses being reported to myth. Removal of the 2. Definition fixed the problem for me.

Bye, Martin