[mythtv-users] Lirc & Harmony 525 Key repeat problem

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 09:35:05 UTC 2011

On 14 June 2011 03:44, john <rwc at bestpond.com> wrote:
> I am using MythTV 0.24.1 on opensuse 11.4 and having problems with my Logitech harmony
> 525 remote, in that if I press any of the 4  arrow keys while going through menu selection
> it skips 2-4 items, really making it impossible to use the remote.
>
> I had been partly successful using the remote setup emulating an mce  remote using the
> mceusb lirc module on an older system, however I had a motherboard failure and
> consequently upgraded this front end which drives the family tv.
>
> The system is running opensuse 11.4 with kernel 2.6.39.1-31-desktop. As lirce is now
> included in the kernel I am really a bit unsure as to where I can make any adjustements to
> cause lirc to slowdown this key repeat rate.

I'm not sure this is entirely a harmony issue.

I've just upgraded to 2.6.39 vanilla, and lircd 0.9.0 using the in
kernel drivers for my MCE usb remote and I'm getting exactly the same
issue. The arrow keys in myth and XBMC double press.

I've tried adding the 'suppress_repeat' to lircd.conf in /etc, but
either this doesn't work, doesn't work as expeted or I've put it in
the wrong place.

I was going to have more of a fiddle with this tonight, but it's good
to know I'm not the only one having issues.

Hopefully the upgrade to DVB-S2 doesn't rely on the new kernel version
and I can revert to the working 2.6.31.13 if i can't sort it.

All was working okay with llirc 0.8.7 and the lirc supplied mceusb driver.

Cheers,

Ian