[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Rob Muggridge rob at muggridge.org
Mon Jun 6 10:58:02 UTC 2011

On 6 June 2011 09:37, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:

> Another Sillyname wrote:
> > {snip}
> >>>
> >> This shouldn't need a rescan.
> >>
> >> The following should work (I haven't tested this so someone else needs
> >> to), please note THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE - the final polarity=v is
> >> lower case.
> >>
> >> mysql -umythtv -pxxxxxx(insert password) -e"UPDATE
> >> mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex set mod_sys='DVB-S2' where
> >> frequency='10788000' and polarity='v' ;"
> >>
> >> If you then stop and restart the backend it should work.I have made this
> db change this morning and the BBC HD streams have
> vanished as far as my Hauppauge DVB-S2 card is concerned. Notably this
> card has never found the CH4 HD stream either. Is this card not really
> S2 capable even though the box says it is...? /var/log/messages has an
> entry that suggests it can do S2.

I have three Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards

I tried editing the mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex this morning using
the data from the blog link provided above:

Satellite: Astra 2D tp.50
Frequency: 10,847MHz (vertical polarity)
Modulation: DVB-S2, QPSK
Symbol Rate: 23.0
FEC: 8/9

However that didn't work.  Tried using the table mythconverg.dtv_multiplex
instead (which appears to be the "master" data, rather what was found from
the channel scans), changing the following for mplexid = 127:
symbolrate: 23000000
fec: 8/9
mod_sys: DVB-S2

restarted the backend and BBC HD/ BBC ONE HD started working.

I have a Hauppauge DVB-S2 using
/var/log/messages.1:Jun  5 23:24:51 marge kernel: [   40.069840]
cx24116_load_firmware: FW version 1.26.90.0

Hope this helps

Rob