[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2. Help!!!!!!!

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Jun 6 12:42:06 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 11:58, Rob Muggridge wrote:
> On 6 June 2011 09:37, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org
> I have three Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards
>
> I tried editing the mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex this morning
> using the data from the blog link provided above:
>
> Satellite: Astra 2D tp.50
> Frequency: 10,847MHz (vertical polarity)
> Modulation: DVB-S2, QPSK
> Symbol Rate: 23.0
> FEC: 8/9
>
> However that didn't work.  Tried using the table
> mythconverg.dtv_multiplex instead (which appears to be the "master"
> data, rather what was found from the channel scans), changing the
> following for mplexid = 127:
> symbolrate: 23000000
> fec: 8/9
> mod_sys: DVB-S2
>
> restarted the backend and BBC HD/ BBC ONE HD started working.
>
> I have a Hauppauge DVB-S2 using
> /var/log/messages.1:Jun  5 23:24:51 marge kernel: [   40.069840]
> cx24116_load_firmware: FW version 1.26.90.0
>
> Hope this helps

Aghh! I can't get it to work. I tried a full scan. Then I tried a
second full scan after deleting all my Capture cards and Video
sources and starting again from scratch.

Both those full scans were with:

Freq: 10714000
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol rate: 22000000
Mod Sys: DVB-S
FEC: 5/6
Modulation: QPSK
Inversion: leave at auto
Rolloff: leave at 0.35

which is my usual starting point for a full scan.  That gave
me loads of channels, but no BBC HD or BBC 1 HD. Then I
tried:

Freq: 10788000
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol rate: 23000000
Mod Sys: DVB-S"
FEC: 8/9
Modulation: QPSK
Inversion: leave at auto
Rolloff: leave at 0.35

which gave me "Timed out, no signal". I have a Hauppauge Nova S2-HD.
What am I doing wrong?

Paul.