[mythtv-users] OT: Buying a new TV - Sharp Quattron or 3D?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Jun 5 14:48:05 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011 01:18 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 6/4/2011 9:27 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>
>> And I will never, ever again buy anything Sony. The root-kit and the
>> blackmailing of geohotz says far too much about the corporate culture.
>
> I too have embarked on voting with my dollar against the favor of Sony.
>
> I've had problems with only a couple of their products (and have only had a couple of their products).
> But I've also had friends with worse problems with their products.

My boycott is entirely based on the corporate culture not the products.
But my experience with Sony was with much older products: stereo audio
gear in the 70's, and a 32 inch Trinitron TV which died a couple of
years ago at the grand ond age of about 24 or 25. Great products. (The
LG I wrote about, replaced that old Sony TV.)

But now it is 'NEVER again'. And that includes media stuff which Sony
owns/controls. Not a dollar if I can help it.

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury