[mythtv-users] OT: Buying a new TV - Sharp Quattron or 3D?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Jun 3 22:07:48 UTC 2011

On 6/3/2011 5:04 PM, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> But I'm a sucker for high-quality computer-generated animation in HD.
> I still get a kick out of seeing individual hairs in fur etc., maybe I spent
> too long studying computer graphics textbooks  ;)

On that I would agree with you. Animations that leave out the more biological details are fine.
Sci-Fi movies can't have enough rez because that shows where technology is these days which I think is cool (although not necessary since I'm only watching because the story is good).

There was even something on PBS about hummingbirds all done in HD AND high-speed filming that was AMAZING.

But yea -- movies with humans in which the chars maybe shower once a month. Not so neat.

Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net
Murphy's Law:
There's never time to do it right, but there's always
time to do it over.