[mythtv-users] Dell Optiplex 755 as Front End?

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:49:50 UTC 2011

All:

Looking for a fast answer:  Anyone out there using a Dell Optiplex 755 as a
front end for HD OTA TV/Recordings?  I know the CPU should work (Dual Core
2.33Ghz) and memory/etc isn't a problem, but i'm worried about the DVI
Output/Built in Intel Chipset (Intel Q35 Express).

It's a supported chip under Ubuntu (Running it at work) but I don't know
what kind of performance it'll get running HD over Network from a backend?

--Douglas Wagner