[mythtv-users] Scheduling/ extended description confusion...

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:36:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> And just to clarify for the archives, the issue here was specifically
> the use of both Schedules Direct /and/ EIT on the same channel.
>
> MythTV does not support the use of multiple listings sources on a single
> channel.  Therefore, users must choose only one of Schedules Direct,
> XMLTV, or EIT for each channel.

If that's an official statement going forward, that's unfortunate.
Prior to present version, I've used SD + EIT for literally years, with
ZERO issues. Having EIT present to make last minute changes (national
events, president speech, etc) to make sure I get the right program at
the right time, has been welcome, and useful.

Honestly, this sounds like something in the matching algorithm is
messed up. I don't have EIT debugging running, but I would hope that
merging EIT data into existing data should meet some fairly strict
criteria. It's ODD it would only change the program description, and
not time or program title.