[mythtv-users] State of mytharchive in .24-fixes

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 07:04:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Alex Butcher <mythlist at assursys.co.uk> wrote:
> 1) Are you using Project-X as your demuxer/cutter? It's far superior to
> mythtranscode.

Switched over to projectx and I was able to create the DVD (yay!)

Just some notes on the process so I can see what else I need to fix.

1) The process ended with "chmod: changing permissions of
`/var/lib/mytharchive/temp/': Operation not permitted" What
permissions do I need to check/set?

2) The font on the DVD menu is jaggy and unreadable.

3) Even though I created a cutlist and saved it, commercials were
still there. Does projectx not follow the cutlist?

4) Strangely, MythTV's "Play DVD" didn't appear to work. It said
"Please wait" and went back to the Optical Menu. Placing it in a
standalone DVD player worked, though it was quite a few seconds before
the menu.

Thanks.