[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Jul 30 16:42:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> If you need, I can try writing a little perl script to do the scanning
> and configuring of the video source tomorrow. However, I'll warn you
> that I don't know a whole ton about the ins and outs of scanning QAM
> frequencies. Basically, I can assume that your provider uses QAM256 as
> mine does, and I can thus get a list of all the frequencies that my HD
> Homerun scans for and use those as my basis for the scan. However, if
> your cable provider uses one of the other modulations, I don't know a
> thing about it and you'd be on your own for that bit.

OK, I've put together a perl script to configure QAM channels. On the
blog (http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/ceton-inifinitv-4-in-mythtv-024-part-2.html)
the updated info is in step 11. If you want to switch between
cablecard and QAM modes, perform steps 9 to 11 to reconfigure the
card.

--
Ron Frazier