[mythtv-users] UK - eBuyer offer on eMachines SFF, frontend ?

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 08:41:17 UTC 2011

On 28 July 2011 20:06, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> John Pilkington wrote:
>
> >It certainly looks interesting, but I have a dumb question.
> >
> >There's no mention of a power supply - just a DC input, with no details.
> >   Would one expect an AC PSU to be included with a device like this from
> >a site like this?
>
> <slaps head>Yes, you are right, no mention of power supply.
>
> I would expect any device like this to come with a power supply and
> usually a UK power cord. But of course you can never assume* anything
>
> The manufacturers site at
> http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ER1401-57 lists :
> Peripherals :
>   Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
>   AC Adaptor
>   VESA Mounting Kit (INCLUDED)
>
> Note that VESA mount is shown as included, while the others aren't.
> Keyboard and mouse aren't included, so that does cast doubt on the
> power supply :-/
>
> I've sent a message to them, I'll let you know the answer.
>

> * Assume = makes an ASS out of U and ME, hee-haw, hee-haw
>
> --
> Simon Hobson

I think you will find it will come with a PSU! I'd be seriously worried if
it didn't and have bought plenty of stuff from ebuyer in the past. It's
pretty useless without. Selling without a keyboard/mouse on the other hand
is a simple cost saving seeing as most of the time people are using these
with a remote control and have no need for a keyboard and mouse.

Not sure it comes with a VES mount or not as I see no mention but then my
Revo's come with Vesa mounts but they dont match the spacings on my TV
anyway!

Martin