[mythtv-users] UK - eBuyer offer on eMachines SFF, frontend ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 19:06:39 UTC 2011

John Pilkington wrote:

>It certainly looks interesting, but I have a dumb question.
>
>There's no mention of a power supply - just a DC input, with no details.
>   Would one expect an AC PSU to be included with a device like this from
>a site like this?

<slaps head>Yes, you are right, no mention of power supply.

I would expect any device like this to come with a power supply and
usually a UK power cord. But of course you can never assume* anything

The manufacturers site at
http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ER1401-57 lists :
Peripherals :
   Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
   AC Adaptor
   VESA Mounting Kit (INCLUDED)

Note that VESA mount is shown as included, while the others aren't.
Keyboard and mouse aren't included, so that does cast doubt on the
power supply :-/

I've sent a message to them, I'll let you know the answer.

* Assume = makes an ASS out of U and ME, hee-haw, hee-haw

--
Simon Hobson