[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 20:05:40 UTC 2011

Ron, etc,

sorry to bring this thread slightly back to topic... I got my Ceton in
the mail today. Comcast in Boston apparently won't have any M cards in
the offices until Monday, so for now I'll just use it as a ClearQAM
tuner along side my two existing ClearQAM tuners.

So, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.3, I figured I'd give your Ubuntu 11
patch a try, figuring if there were any issues I could work through it
would help others with 10.04.

I'm using Mythbuntu's auto-builds as my source.
I had to copy the deb lines to add deb-src lines to
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list
then run apt-get update. Then one would follow your directions.

In doing the dry run I get two "fuzz's"

Hunk #1 succeeded at 108 with fuzz 2.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1711 with fuzz 2.

this occured because Mythbuntu 11 has v4l2 and 10.04 apparently not,
so I just massaged the lines to properly match what they look like in
10.04's configure command.

I also had to install some extra dev packages,

apt-get install libclass-dbi-perl python-pycurl fftw-dev libflac-dev
libmad0-dev libcdaudio-dev libcdparanoia-dev install libsdl1.2-dev
libexif-dev libfaac-dev libtag1-dev libvisual-0.4-dev
libdatetime-format-iso8601-perl

from there, everything else went exactly as your instructions show.

Now, to get my ClearQAM channels working for the next few days...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!