[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:49:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It looks like this problem is a definite possibility.  If this problem
> > affects anyone, then I would get on the horn with your provider an
> complain
> > FWIW.
>
> I'm just keeping my HDHR.
>
> My hope is that mythTV will eventually be able to handle tuner
> selection appropriately, based on info from cable card tuners like the
> Prime/Ceton, which can report the CCI values programmatically in near
> real time.
>
> My wife still misses our TiVo, which stopped getting listings updates
> this year.  She doesn't trust the mythTV because it just misses too
> many recordings because the channel mappings for the different video
> sources are never right and even if they were right, they become
> obsolete almost immediately.
>
> Eric

Eric,

That is unfortunate.  I have Comcast and clear-QAM mapping has only fowled
me up a couple times in the last few years.  Other than that, all of the
channel mappings have always been correct independent of the type of tuner.
Firewire recording and control has always been unstable, but hopefully not
anymore with the Ceton!

-Tom