[mythtv-users] Sandy Bridge Graphics w/MythTV

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:35:01 UTC 2011

Is anyone out there using the on-chip GPU (HD 2000/3000) of the new
Intel Sandy Bridge processors for their MythTV?

I have ordered, but not yet received, all the components for a new
Sandy Bridge-based combined FE/BE.  In the meantime, I've been reading
about Sandy Bridge graphics support on Linux.  Looks like it's
somewhat bleeding-edge.  (Had I done the reading earlier, I might have
waited a bit on ordering the parts. :) )

So if anyone out there is doing this, I'm just curious to read about
your experience.  What distro are you using?  What hoops (if any) did
you have to jump through to get your display working?  Any other
gotchas to be aware of?

Note that I'm just talking about being able to use the onboard GPU (to
drive my display).  I'm not talking about the hardware-assisted
decoding, which is covered in this thread:

Thanks!
Matt