[mythtv-users] Hauppauge USB CableCard Tuner for $129!

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:13:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Unfortunately yes, we have to pay 7% sales tax here in NJ from NewEgg.
>
> Of course, we're supposed to pay the same level of tax on stuff
> shipped from Amazon, too.  Out of state retailers aren't required to
> collect sales taxes, but there's a use tax on imported goods which is
> also 7%.  NJ residents are responsible for the accounting for this.
>
> I keep waiting for the state to ramp up its audits.
>
> Eric

Eric,

I have been told this many times as if I am involved in some large tax
evasion scheme.  I pay ALL of my taxes every year.  Yes, you are correct and
I am aware of this.  The funny thing is that I hear this even though I am
paying 7% sales tax to NewEgg.  That is why I am paying $275 instead of $256
as previously stated.  Hopefully, $220 after tax and shipping if this coupon
works on Monday.  My Amazon pre-order will most likely not happen in a
timely manner if ever, so that point is moot.

-Tom