[mythtv-users] Wow - Gentoo ebuilds have really gone walkabout this time!!

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 18:06:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Frans Grotepass <grotepass at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:11:50 -0400
> Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>
> > On 7/18/2011 11:02, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
> > > Manually deleting these entries from each of the ebuild Manifests
> > > allows for it to be built, but why are they there?
> >
> > I must have 'git add'd them before removing the old ebuilds and
> > digesting.  That way, git was stuck with the bad manifests rather
> > than the ones I had intended to go in when I committed.  If such
> > should happen in the future, the quick fix is to go to the git/Gentoo
> > directory, and then run 'scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py
> > --digest-only'. That will redigest all packages with the ebuilds you
> > have locally.
>
> Obviously with the knowledge that one is taking off the seat belt that
> is in place with the digests... Editing the manifests to remove the
> stale entries still keep the digest in place like you intended. If
> these then produce a digest failure, I usually refuse to install the
> package as this could point to a corrupt or worse, malicious package.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frans

With git you can add post processing to run a unit test.

    .git/hooks/post-commit

I have done this with perl

    #!/usr/bin/perl -I ./

    my $return_code;

    ($return_code) = system("./src/test/test_master.pl");
    if ($return_code < 0) {
      print "Commit canceled, because something went wrong.  return code:
$return_code\n";
      exit 1;
    }

    exit 0;

If it does not exit 0 then the commit fails and is not checked in.

Dan