[mythtv-users] Wow - Gentoo ebuilds have really gone walkabout this time!!

Frans Grotepass grotepass at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:53:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:11:50 -0400
Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/2011 11:02, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
> > Manually deleting these entries from each of the ebuild Manifests
> > allows for it to be built, but why are they there?
>
> I must have 'git add'd them before removing the old ebuilds and
> digesting.  That way, git was stuck with the bad manifests rather
> than the ones I had intended to go in when I committed.  If such
> should happen in the future, the quick fix is to go to the git/Gentoo
> directory, and then run 'scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py
> --digest-only'. That will redigest all packages with the ebuilds you
> have locally.

Obviously with the knowledge that one is taking off the seat belt that
is in place with the digests... Editing the manifests to remove the
stale entries still keep the digest in place like you intended. If
these then produce a digest failure, I usually refuse to install the
package as this could point to a corrupt or worse, malicious package.

Regards,

Frans