[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Jul 15 12:48:10 UTC 2011

On 11-07-14 11:07 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> is this something that can be backported to 0.24-fixes?
>>>

>> The patch itself applies cleanly to 0.24-fixes,
>> after first renaming "ringbuffer.cpp" to "RingBuffer.cpp" in the patch file.
>>
>> Seems to work fine, too!
>>

> interesting! does this need to be applied to the backend, frontend or both?

Well, the patch is for libmyth, which is used by both the backend
and the frontend.  But the exact code in question should affect
only the frontend, during playback.

I never had the "random short pauses" issue here, probably because I
pay very close attention to my drives configurations, and I also have
the ringbuffer set to max size.

But what I did have happening, was a short "burp" (pause/stutter) in the first
two seconds of anything I played back.  Always.

Not any more though.  Nice patch!

> anyone have a good link on how to build my own ubuntu package with
> applying this patch?

Dunno.  I don't know exactly how to build ubuntu packages.

But this patch really deserves to be backported in the main git repo,
so let's see if any of the devs are feeling charitable this week.  :)