[mythtv-users] mythtv/master commit: 6ffb557d6 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Jul 15 08:44:55 UTC 2011

Raymond,

Forgive me late replay - professional live absorbing me so much...
FYI I'm attaching part of script dealing with telnet.
Regarding Robert's remark: I wasn't aware that using telnet for myth networkcontrol is overloading design decision and  present functionality. Of course in mid-term I will change script accordingly.

Returning to OP: I think - in my current script code - potential trigger for fe segfault might be related to way how I detect is playback playing or paused.
This part was coded more than year ago and at that time I can't find better idea that asking fe twice about playback and compare results (if the same - playback is paused, if different - playback is playing).
From fe network control perspective it means sending 2 synchronous 'query location' without any delay between them.
Maybe this is source of segfaults...
br