[mythtv-users] Best distro for mythtv

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jul 14 16:37:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Daniel Drummond
<dan.ddrummond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using gentoo as my distro for 6 years. Seems like it takes forever for mythtv package to be released. I was wondering if there is a distro that's more aggressive in releasing mythtv packages?

I've been using Debian unstable and been very happy with the rate at
which Debian packages are published on debian-multimedia.org.  I
prefer using a more general purpose distribution like Debian rather
than something like MythBuntu since I think it gives me greater
flexibility when it comes to doing non-myth stuff on a myth appliance.

Eric