[mythtv-users] Dead HD-PVR?

Moasat - mythtv mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 6 13:46:58 UTC 2011

I think I plugged in only half of the plug while the unit was still on.  The
device is recognized by linux/myth but when I go to record, I get an error:

/dev/hdpvr0 Error: Poll giving up
/dev/hdpvr0 Error: Device error detected

I've tried swapping power supplies with a known good HD-PVR.  I've tried
swapping USB ports.

I tried reflashing the firmware on a windows box and no errors were
reported.  I tried capturing from it under Windows using amcap but it said
it could not build the filter graph.

Is it dead or is there something else I can do to reset it?