[mythtv-users] Frontend frustration

OneBob onebob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:12:31 UTC 2011

Hi All

I try not to bother this list but....

Why oh why can't I run a mythfrontend on a newer version of linux and make
it connect to my faithfull old backend??

To be more precise - mythbackend & current mythfrontend (Zotac Ion) under
telly running .22

My PC which I've just upgraded loads mythfrontend .23 and in doing so
returns "Protocol version mismatch (frontend=23056,backend=56)".

The point is I can't see why the frontend can't have some flag that lets it
run against an older version, after all Sudu's mythtvplayer (
http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/index.php?page=home) works even under wine
(although no video) and pulls back the recordings etc???

Am I missing something?

Any help greatly appreciated ...

Onebob