[mythtv-users] Updating program info displayed

DFishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 14:19:00 UTC 2011

I have a question about changing which data is displayed as I cycle
through the list of programs I want to playback.

I always get confused between the theme and the OSD.

So, as I move through the available records, the bottom of my screen
shows this information:
Series Title
Episode Title
Channel  Channel Title
Some flags          Fri June 24, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Episode description

I would like to modify this to also include the Original Airdate.  The
only way I know to get this information is via MythWeb, which is often
not very convenient.

I believe this can be modified by editing some of the XML files under
either:
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blootubelite-wide
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/isthmus

What I think I would like would be something like this:
Channel  Channel Title  Original Fri Dec 24 2007, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Some flags          Last Fri June 24, 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Any suggestions, and is this possible by simply editing the XML?

TIA,
Dave