[mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Rob Smith kormoc at mythtv.org
Sun Jan 30 22:42:01 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Anthony Rooney <rooneyo at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Not a valid location does not immediately ID the problem as a permissions
> issue.

We're stuck in a rock and a hard place with this issue. Depending on
the permission tree, we may not be able to tell the difference between
the location existing and unreadable or if it doesn't exist.

The text should be updated to indicate this possibility, and I will do
so for the next version, but as Richard said, updating the wiki would
be extremely useful.

For the official manual wording, it's controlled via
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.sgml
and rkulagowski is the point guy for that. Please submit improvements
to this via trac ( code.mythtv.org/trac ) and we'll be glad to get
things sorted.