[mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Jan 30 18:48:18 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 07:11:21PM +1030, Anthony Rooney wrote:
> Hi
>
> I appears that feedback is important as long as it is the feedback you want
> to hear.
>
> You seem to think just because the product is free no negative feedback can
> be tolerated?
>
> You assume that we only seek to use Linux because it is free and you assume
> my time is worthless.  I actually help many other people with the issue they

    Your problems seem to be less about MythTV and more about Unix in general.
Linux is a variant of Unix. It's not Windows or MacOS and can't be treated
the same even if you can successfully approach your problem while avoiding any
classic Unix command line tools.

[deletia]

    Basic system pre-requisites are really quite apart and independent from
MythTV itself and are issues that any generic Unix or Linux documentation would
cover. Suitable references could be for another distribution (like gentoo) than
the one  you're using, a different application (like XBMC), or a different Unix
(like a terribly expensive one) entirely.