[mythtv-users] Add DVB-S2 channels

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 12:34:36 UTC 2011

Josu Lazkano wrote:
>Hello list, I have a DVB-S2 adapter, I want to add some channels from
>my satellite provider (just few transponders).
>
>I want to scan the satellite channels with w_scan, select the channels
>I need and then add to MythTV.
>
>If I add the channels from a channels.conf file, I don't get the HD
>(DVB-S2) channels. If I scan all the channels on MythTV, I get all
>channels (SD and HD) but I don't want all channels (more than 900), I
>just want my provider's.

How about adapting this script to your needs ?
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script

I wrote it when our broadcasters were frequently fiddling about with
Freeview (DVB-T) channels & muxes. I got fed up with manually
renumbering the channels and deleting the ones I didn't want, so I
wrote this script to do it automatically.
Obviously there is some work involved in setting it up, but once it's
done then you can rescan any time you want, run the script, and get
the channels you want on the numbers you want. Anything you don't
want to use is set to non-visible and as far as the user is concerned
it doesn't exist.

--
Simon Hobson