[mythtv-users] Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 11:47:07 UTC 2011

On 29 January 2011 11:33, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> I'm afraid I have no idea what 'PLACES' is.  Is it a file browser?  Can you
> examine 'properties' of this folder and read its permissions?  I can do this
> in Fedora/KDE and, although this is usually frowned on, I can set the
> permissions graphically if need be by becoming root.

"Places" is an Ubuntu thing

To be sure you have the correct directory, browse in
"Places"/"Computer"/"Nautilus" (or whatever you want to call it) to the
folder is question and hit Ctrl+L, which will give you the exact address

Check it matches up with your "/media/Store/Recordings/", including correct
capitalisation etc etc

Martin