[mythtv-users] still having remote troubles with Fedora 14/Harmony

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 25 22:31:46 UTC 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 12:42 PM, Greg Woods wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 17:08 -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> I'm willing to give it a shot if it's for an x86_64 F14 system. At least
>>> I can boot my machine with it and see if it helps with the remote
>>> control issues.
>>
>> Once its done building, I'm hoping this will be the ticket:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2730075
>
> OK, I finally got time to try this. Downloaded and installed the x86_64
> version and booted it. I would say that things are improved, but not
> completely fixed. While it is now a bit easier to avoid double keys, it
> still happens if I am the least bit careless about how long I hold the
> key down. The Streamzap is still better than the Harmony. I think the
> Streamzap is almost wife-usable, but the Harmony is still way too
> sensitive.
>
> Short answer: improved, but still more of a problem than it used to be
> before I upgraded from F13 to F14.

So I think the "way too sensitive" may be "we actually report more
accurately what signals we've seen", which needs to then be suppressed
and/or filtered in userspace, either with the suppress_repeat param
in lircd.conf or using repeat=X in .lircrc. At least, as far as I can
tell, the same issues that were in the mceusb driver are either already
fixed in streamzap, or were never issues, due to differences in the
device driver buffer parsing routines. But I still need to go and do
some actual hardware prodding myself.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com