[mythtv-users] still having remote troubles with Fedora 14/Harmony

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jan 23 01:28:08 UTC 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 4:02 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> On 01/22/2011 12:42 PM, Greg Woods wrote:

>>> Once its done building, I'm hoping this will be the ticket:
>>>
>>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2730075
>>
>> OK, I finally got time to try this. Downloaded and installed the x86_64
>> version and booted it. I would say that things are improved, but not
>> completely fixed. While it is now a bit easier to avoid double keys, it
>> still happens if I am the least bit careless about how long I hold the
>> key down. The Streamzap is still better than the Harmony. I think the
>> Streamzap is almost wife-usable, but the Harmony is still way too
>> sensitive.
>>
>> Short answer: improved, but still more of a problem than it used to be
>> before I upgraded from F13 to F14.
>>
>> Thank you for all your work on this and let me know if there is anything
>> else I can do to help test.
>
> Jarod,
>
> You *have* been busy. I presume that the new version to test is actually the 2.6.35.10-80?

Correct, though I'll be doing another kernel very soon, after which IR on
the HD-PVR should be working pretty close to as well as it can (receive and
transmit) and IR on the HVR-1950 should finally be enabled and functional
in both directions as well. As for the streamzap, I guess I'll have to dig
out my own streamzap hardware and see if I can reproduce the issue.

One of these days, I'll finish mce keyboard support, nuvoton ir power-on
and write a new redrat3 driver... Too many toys, not enough time...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com