[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:39:06 UTC 2011

On 1/24/11 3:45 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

> There were changes in the way the cutlist was interpreted between 0.23
> and 0.24 that inverted the sense of cut when Project-X was used.  I
> don't recall explicitly using mythtranscode in cut mode recently, but I
> had assumed that this still worked

Hi John,

I believe that the cutlists do actually work fine with 0.24.   It's just
the patched hd-pvr version that I made that is affected.

My hack to make commercial cutting work with hd-pvr recordings involves
running mythcommflag to get the cutlist, and then explicitly providing
the cutlist values to mythtranscode as a parameter.

In case anybody needs it, attached is the updated patch to take into
consideration the changed cutlist format.   If the first cut only has
one value, then it prepends "0-" to it.  If the last cut only has one
value, it appends "10000000" to it.    Yes, very hacky, but it works.

Attached is the patch.   Still against the trunk mythburn.py.

-WD